Posted by Daniel Tonks on March 30, 2005 at 1:00 AM
Several changes have been made to our forums list overnight.
- A new forum for the forthcoming Philips RC9800i universal remote control has been opened. The RC9800i is a WiFi-enabled color LCD touchscreen remote, designed especially to be easily configured right on the remote – no computer. Other features include a built-in television EPG and integration with Philips Streamium media players. Click here for the new forum!
- The Philips Pronto forums have been rearranged, to aid users in finding the appropriate forum for their remote. In addition, the original Philips Pronto forum – yes, that really huge one – has been renamed to the Pronto Classic forum to help avoid confusion with newer offerings.
- The Home Theater Master forum has been renamed the Universal Remote Control Inc. forum, to better represent the company’s offerings. URC has begun to phase out the Home Theater Master label, and has recently introduced a brand new Complete Control lineup, as well as offering some retail remotes branded under just their company name.
- The general Universal Remote Controls forum has been renamed the Other Remote Controls forum to avoid confusion with the new Universal Remote Control Inc. forum, and has been positioned at the very bottom of the list so that visitors need to scroll by all other dedicated forums before coming to it.
- The Harman/Kardon Take Control forum has been permanently closed, due to prolonged inactivity. But don’t worry – everything that was in that forum lives on, merged into the Other Remote Controls forum. Look for post topics that begin with [Take Control] to find threads from the old forum.
If you spot any problems please contact us!
There's still time left!
Hey – if you haven’t already noticed, there’s a fantastic design contest going on for Universal Remote Control Inc.'s MX-3000 color LCD touchscreen remote, and there’s still plenty of time left to enter!
All you have to do is create an original color graphical layout with the MX-3000’s easy-to-use MX Editor PC software. Then send your finished .RCC file to us and, if it’s chosen by the judges as one of the best or most original, you’ll win 1 of 11 prize packages totaling $18,178 in value!
For full contest details, including the official rules and a list of the great prizes, click here!
Features push-to-talk voice control of Amazon Alexa and Apple TV via Siri.
The MXHP-R700 adds a more fully-featured remote control to the MX HomePro platform.