The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Thursday August 29, 2002 at 19:50
b00bie
Founding Member
July 2001
I really thought for a long while about posting in this thread, you see even though I have been coming to Remotecentral for a long time I have never posted a CCF. I am not a creative person and so I "borrow" everything that I use (especially from Dale)and even though I spend many hours (far too many) tweaking and fixing it, the resultant file is still really not mine. I certainly wish that I had the abilities of some of the people that really make these remotes the works of art that they are. That said I feel that the spirit that makes this place what it is, has come under attack in this thread and the one started by Tobaz, this whole website is built on sharing and helping one another. I am in no position to brag about my CCF but if I were I would certainly upload it, if we have to worry about who will steal it or tease people with pictures and then only think about sharing it, perhaps it is better not to brag at all. I have not seen Tobaz's file and pictures of Aaron's look pretty impressive, but I have seen much of Dale's hard work over the years and appropriated a good portion of it and never once have I ever seen him brag about how great his designs are or make any negative comments about the work of others. Perhaps I am getting too serious, after it is only a stupid remote control, but I think these threads are becoming too serious, perhaps its time to take a deep breath and step back a minute.

For what it's worth

Tom

This message was edited by b00bie on 08/29/02 20:15.11.

Hosting Services by ipHouse