The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Monday November 3, 2008 at 15:50
Russell R
Founding Member
July 2001
Getting back on topic, several days ago, I posted on the “Q50 Backlight” thread, describing the difficulty I’m having getting a defective Q50 replaced. Another 2.5 weeks have past since I last tried to get a response from my Dealer.

Below is an “open letter” e-mail that shows what an end user may have to go through when they pick the wrong dealer. To no one’s surprise, I’m sure, there has been no response:

October 27, 2008

Matt,

Another 12 days have gone by! You have had my remote for 25 days!

I hate to be ornery, but my dealings with you have been nothing but broken promises and apologies.

My purchase of the Q50 took more than a month during which you promised, three times, to “ship tomorrow” and you didn’t.

You offered to send me favorite channel logos. You never did.

This time I’ve reported a problem and, again, it took you over a month to decide that I should send you the remote. Then you tell me that my package sat in your office, unopened, for more than a week. It has now been over two months since I told you of the problem on 8/21!

I don’t need this grief any more and I’m ready to give up!
If you want, you can just return the defective remote to me. I’ll live with it ‘til it dies and go back to URC.

Really disappointed,
Russ

Hosting Services by ipHouse