Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Thursday August 29, 2002 at 19:29
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
Aaron,

My apologies... I had your post confused with the one regarding Dale Crawford's Easy Theatre. You are correct, this is the first time you've posted such a thread.

We engineers hate marketing mumbo-jumbo. When we see something cool, we want to get hands-on. My intent was not to ruffle your feathers, only to get more information.

Simply put, there's alot of hype going about CCFs these days... Everyone has their own flavor.

With regard to my "tease" comment, simply put:

I think your screen shots look really,really cool and I'd like to see how you generated it. Was it all done by hand?

I could not find your latest CCF and I'd love to get my hands on the CCF or the program that generated it.

Why do I ask? I've been dreaming up a concept for an add-in for Tonto that would let you apply "skins" to a CCF. A designer simply supplies the framework and someone else can re-use "skins" or plug-in elements such as scrollbars. (Your's are ideal candidates).

With regard to your comments about NO CCFs from me on this site...

Do a search for 'Lyndel' under the Pronto Files section. You will get 2 hits. One is a program and the second is a CCF generated by said program.

I'm a personal user/engineer by trade (not associated with a business) and have in the past made on-the-fly augmentations to SNL for others on the site as Leo has been busy doing other things.

Like yourself, I'm interested in tools/CCFs that will make all our lives easier.

You put in quite a bit of work and yes, you deserve praise for your efforts. In the end, I was envious of your graphics and would somehow like to find a way to marry your graphics with my "skins" concept.

Regards,
Lyndel

Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse