The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 224 made on Thursday January 28, 2010 at 00:22
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
My biggest complaint with Obama was that he hasn't been as "in your face" as i thought he would be. After the speech tonight it appears he and his staff figured that out. I like that he put some fo the cards on the table tonight.

The reality is that NO ONE in the United States trusts our government, the banks or the media. If you are on the left you watch CNN if you are on the right you watch Fox and both of them do a fine job feeding us what we want to hear instead of the truth. The heads of the large corporations treat their companies like cash machines. They squeeze as much out of them as possible and they dont put anything back.

Our government is a joke. More than half the people i know don't even bother to vote anymore. All we see is the cheap joker in the expensive suit dancing around like a clown on TV. Normal people don't talk that way. Normal people don't throw out a zinger and pause for applause. Its disgusting to watch the elections here. And the second you complain you have the brain dead majority chiming in to tell you that your not patriotic or that you should go live somewhere else.

The majority of the people in this country are so far removed from the rest of the planet that its scary. They live inside a tiny little mindless bubble and they cant understand why brown people from the desert want to kill them all. They cant see passed the nonsense they hear on the radio. They wont admit that our foreign policy causes people to hate us. They wont admit that our purchasing everything China makes is polluting the planet.

We are the people of Rome sitting around in the Colosseum while the empire crumbles around us. We occupy ourselves with nonsense on TV as our society collapses. I am 34 and all of my friends know every player for every team and every score for every game but that cant point to Iraq on a map.

I had a 2 hour conversation last week with my cousins wife. She is a republican. Her reason for being a republican? Thats what her parents are. What!? She doesnt vote, had no idea health care reform was allover the news but she just "knows" that Obama isnt any good. She said she was against health care reform once i explained it to her. She doesnt want to pay out of her pocket for someone else to go to the doctor. Then i explained how shes already paying for them because the insurance companies and health care providers pass the loss on to the paying customers. Then she went on to tell me she only has insurance because of her husbands job. I asked "what if he loses his job?". Its like talking to a ball of mud.

I know a guy who has bad shoulders. He dislocated it in Holland. He was only asked to pay for the ambulance ride. In Chicago it costs him $6000.00 each time this happens. He has no control over it. He doesnt have $20000.00 for surgery that 'might' fix it. Why cant people understand that this could happen to them? Why cant people understand that if Holland can do it we can do it?

Argh...
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse