Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday July 24, 2001 at 21:20
Jack Martin
Historic Forum Post
Well, I love my 5000i and have begun to rely heavily on it's ability to simplify use of my system by others (the 'spousal factor'). However, I'm stumped on a problem because I don't have discrete codes for speaker setup on my receiver. I'm sure you're wondering "Why is this a problem ... don't you just set up the speakers once?" Well, no. Here's the situation:

- I have two listening areas ... the home theatre and my music room.

- I have different speaker setups ... the h/t has a subwoofer and 'small' left/right speakers (and surround); the music room has 'large' left/right speakers and no sub or surround.

- I have a remote controllable speaker switch (Niles RSL-6)

- Sooo ... I need to change between 'small+ sub' and 'large + no sub' each time I switch speakers (with my beloved 5000i)

- The rub ... the speaker setup menu on the SR-19EX has 'toggle' selections for small/large and for sub yes/no. And of course I can't guarantee the state of the setup at any point in time.

If anyone has discrete codes for the setup menu items, or knows a place to look for codes, or knows a Marantz contact, or can clue me into a reasonable experimentation path (trying RC5/6 codes randomly doesn't seem reasonable), I would be hugely appreciative.

PS: I suspect that SR-14, SR-14EX, SR-18, SR-18EX, and SR-19 codesets are viable candidates for the SR-19-EX as well.

Hosting Services by ipHouse