The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Saturday July 12, 2008 at 11:48
bs15
Long Time Member
July 2002
Thank you both for the suggestions. I was aware of the 3-position switch issue. Unfortunately, the ID was lost during the firmware update process. I have tried everything suggested by Nevo support. I still can't believe that this unit will be tossed in a trash can. There has to be a flash/update that can restore the unit, maybe not with its original ID. I'm very disappointed in UEI's poor customer service.

I respectfully disagree with your negative comments regarding buying online. A very prominent member of RC Central currently sells Q50's on Ebay. Are you saying that you wouldn't buy from this person? I left 2 messages at each of the "dealers" that are listed on mynevo.com when I query my zip code [33458]. I didn't receive a response. I then purchased the unit where I was able to find it. It's not the end users responsibility to buy from the "right place". The bottom line is the unit was brand new in the box, and was deemed faulty by the manufacturer. They should stand behind their product. I haven't heard of a car dealership refusing to perform warranty work on a car because the consumer didn't buy the unit from them.

If UEI is going to sell products that are so volatile and finicky they need to support them. I only hope the editors at S&V, Electronic House & CE Pro are fair about publishing letters from consumers, because if I have no recourse with a brand new/faulty product, then I intend to dissuade as many consumers as possible from purchasing a UEI product.

Hosting Services by ipHouse