The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday August 10, 2008 at 02:14
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
Thanks for the reply, Evo. I probably am asking too much...I usually do. :) I acknowledge that I usually want more features & functions immediately available than I actually need in use. Your suggestion about source macros is likely what I'll do, although it's not quite as specific as I'd hoped.

By that I mean that I don't always want the same settings for a source. I use my Pioneer BD player for my most of my SD-DVD playback, for example, and sometimes want different audio processing depending on the content. Recently we watched a good 70s film that had a really horrible sound mix (The Taking of Pelham 123), and these often benefit from very different processing than I'd use for a typical Blu-Ray. The available sub-settings for different surround modes varies quite a bit, so I thought it would be cool if I could always ensure that the correct settings pages come up based on the actual state of the processor (as confirmed by the desired status call).

I'll likely just come up with a set of my favorite surround settings configs, and create macros for them. Thanks again for the reply.

Hosting Services by ipHouse