The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday August 6, 2008 at 06:13
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
I apologize in advance if I'm asking a REALLY dumb question. But working on my configuration tonight, realized how useful it would be to have conditional commands based on status requests.

Example: My processor has an endless array of surround modes and parameters that practically require a flowchart to keep straight which ones work with which other ones. It'd be very cool to have different options pages in the Q-50, so maybe an "Options" button would first check the mode status, then jump to the appropriate page based on what mode the processor is actually in. Currently, the Q50/NC-50 can't receive replies to status requests, so this is all moot.

But my question is whether that is a permanent limitation of the architecture or whether the z-wave connection could eventually work both ways and the Q-50 could accept and use this feedback info?

Maybe this is why people pay so much for AMX and Crestron-type systems?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Addendum: There is also the question of whether the NC-50 could do this, but even if it required a new type of NevoConnect, I'm specifically interested in whether the Q-50 could ever accommodate this.

Last edited by brodyboy on August 6, 2008 13:43.

Hosting Services by ipHouse