The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday October 23, 2008 at 13:43
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
I know that they don't like contacts from end-users. I hunted high & low once for a phone number, and when I finally got through to them, they were more interested in grilling me on how I got the number than the subject of my phone call. (Which was to find out whether a source was an authorized dealer.)

Now, I'd be the last person to begrudge any company the freedom to choose its business model. And Nevo is certainly not the only remote manufacturer to focus on the CI-exclusive market. But I think the problem, from the end-users' perspective, is that the dealer/installer/support network is so weak. There are major metropolitan areas in the U.S. with no decent sources for these remotes. (When I say decent, I'll use my own city as an example: two dealers came up for the entire three state area around me, and neither of them "emphasized" Nevo, but could get them on special order. They both tried to steer me to other products they were more familiar with.)

So when we HT geeks, notoriously picky by nature, decide that Nevo is the remote for us, we're kind of shocked and frustrated at how hard it can be to buy one. I think this is why there is such an active eBay market for them.

Hosting Services by ipHouse