The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday October 22, 2008 at 11:03
jack D
Long Time Member
August 2006
So I'm just about ready to purchase an S70 and I just spoke with a rep from the nearest authorized dealer.

1. The nearest dealer is several states away. The one in my area listed on the Nevo site says he no longer sells them because his clients had too many problems with them--especially connectivity. I think he was referring to the 50.

2. The dealer was very reluctant to provide any details and pretty much said that their techs should program the unit and they charge $110/hr plus travel time which would be considerable given that I'm a few states away.

3. They are not yet willing to sell the S70 because they have encountered some "programing problems."

4. I asked if they would just sell me the unit and then make sure that I have access to all the tools I need via the internet site so that I can program it myself. They were very hesitant to do that.

So what to do at this point?

From what I gather reading through the information here, once I get the unit the software will be included and I only have to indicate that I'm a dealer during the registration process to get access to the programing information and other tools I might need. There is no check for dealer number or other verificiation.

What about updates in firmware or software? Will I get those as long as I have registered as a dealer?

There would be no warranty issues in such a case?

Anything else I should know?

From where I stand the Nevo operation doesn't look too well managed. I'm practically begging them to sell me a unit and they are not making it easy.

Thanks for any help and sorry if this post is a bit long!

Hosting Services by ipHouse