The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Wednesday October 22, 2008 at 14:24
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
I understand your frustration. They really do seem to want the end-user to be dumb and blind and just buy the product. Get this: there is no "user" manual of the sort you describe! Seriously. They don't want/expect the owner to have all those questions, and if we do, we should ask our installer. Period.

I believe the Nevo business model is that the dealer/installer answers ALL the sales questions, makes ALL the sales, does ALL the programming, and simply shows the user which buttons to push. If anything needs to be changed or tweaked, you're supposed to call your installer to do that for you. It's the least consumer-friendly CE manufacturer I've personally dealt with..... But I do like the remotes.

Here are the features they list for the S70:

NevoS70 offers a fully customizable IR / RF solution for the custom installation professional.
Key features include:

* Fully customizable 64K color 3.5”, 320x240 touch screen
* Z-Wave / WiFi / IR enabled for advanced home control
* Z-Wave is a 2 way protocol enabling sent commands to be acknowledged by NevoConnect and resent automatically if acknowledgement is not received.
* With NevoConnect NC-50 base station, NevoS70 is capable of 1 way serial (RS-232) control
* With 802.11g WiFi and embedded IP browser NevoS70 is capable of integration with IP Cameras, browser interfaces in addition to displaying web content on the remote.
* Multi-remote multiple base station configurations.
* Field replaceable battery
* 17 programmable hard keys

Hosting Services by ipHouse