The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Friday February 13, 2009 at 12:12
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On February 3, 2009 at 10:54, iam-940 said...
I'll be going a bit off-topic here, but it concerns the
nevo just as much as Philips etc. I'm in two minds -
the remotes themselves seem to be getting a bit too expensive
considering the state of pda tech now, considering what
you can do using a pda and software like TV Remote Controller
(developed by little guys without the backup of a consumer
electronics giant). On the other hand I understand that
there is the R & D that goes into these devices and it's
unfair on the installers who have people coming to them
to program the devices that they don't understand.

PDA remotes are a DIY product because they are meant to be an ongoing project. Never in a million years would i attempt to sell one to a paying client becuase they are not bulletproof.

Nevo on the other hand is a solid product thats meant to provide a solution to someones AV problem :). Nevo does not intend to create a cult DIY following and they dont want open source anything. Just because a DIY'er can program a Nevo.. doesnt mean they are allowed to or should.

The rules have been created.. those who follow them have access to warranty and whatever else. Those who break the rules.. from the very beginning.. in the case of ebay sales.. dont deserve the perks IMO.

It sucks but we all know.. you gotta pay to play. A few months ago i bought a laptop that didnt have bluetooth. I bought the bluetooth kit from ebay and installed it. Now i have bluetooth. Had i broken my laptop trying to get bluetooth.. it would have been my fault. I didnt get any tech support with the bluetooth kit.. i had to figure it out on my own. I knew that going in. I didnt assume otherwise.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse