The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 201 made on Saturday February 25, 2006 at 09:32
mrailing
Long Time Member
July 2002
I like the update, very interesting ideas you have in place. I am currently working on my PCF and borrowing some of your ideas. I also use DVD Profiler to keep track of my DVDs, as well as two other ways. I have a DVD List in Excel, that I keep more up to date for a quick and easy e-mail to other people, and I just created an Access Database to help "sort" my movies for my PCF.

I think you might benefit from my access database, provided you have Access installed. What I do is export my DVD Profiler Database to CSV, only dumping the following fields (only owned titles):

Title, Collection Number, Running Time, MPAA Rating, Genre 1-3

Once I have this information in CSV format, I then import it in to my Access Database (after I remove all previous records). I have a few buttons that help me sort and setup my DVD screens, which all generate reports based upon your 9 DVD's per page. So you click button "All Titles" and it sorts the entire collection by Alphabetically grouped by Alphabetical Letter, and again grouped in to 9 DVDs per section, and continually borrowing from you, placing a "A1" by the first group, "A2" by the second page of A's, and so on. Basically this builds your entire PCF structure. It's all done in a report and based upon the information from DVD Profiler.

Once I put the "pretty" on this, I plan on submitting it here for other people to use to help sort and create their PCF Page layout, but if you or a few others would be interested, I would love another person to test it and see if it matches their collection, just to make sure.

I need someone with an existing collection to try it to make sure it matches their current pages, and you of course need Access (at least version XP).

EDIT: It might be a while before I can send it, I did find one flaw that I am working out. It deals with the Multiple Disks in DVD Profiler. I do it the same way that you do, create another disk for the Supplemental/bonus/extra disks. This will also use those on those pages. Right now I am manually pulling them out, but I want to change it so the database automatically pulls the disk, and doesn't include it, but somehow notes it next to each disk that needs a subpage. I have a good idea on how to do this, but it will take me a while to implement it.

Last edited by mrailing on February 25, 2006 09:43.

Hosting Services by ipHouse