Original thread:
Post 307 made on Thursday April 12, 2007 at 10:53
PHSJason
Advanced Member
December 2002
Josh,

Here is the spec:
[Link: remotecentral.com]

What I am most interested in is the parts list of what it takes to make this system work. If EI doesn't make the hardware, then what will work? Please take the approach of "I am a new dealer calling EI and asking about a control system for an existing system, here are the requirements". As a prospective dealer, I am curious what it will take to integrate EI into this system. I know this is a small system, but our take is that if you can't meet our client's wants/needs on small basic systems, then there is no way in hell we will use the product on a large system. Basic/simple requirements like the requested 2-way feedback don't go away on larger systems, they become more important. So can you build it, and what will it take? IF EI doesn't make the hardware, then please list a manufacturer/model number(no price as you are not supplying) that you would reccommend for a specific part. Please don't just say "you can use anyone's keypad", I would like at least one specific part number that will work as requested. Once again, treat me as a new dealer needing some guidance. I would assume that if a dealer called in with a question about what hardware to spec in with you software, you would give them some model #'s that you know will work and not just tell them to go google "keypads".

From there, what is the MSRP of all parts/software/licensing provided from EI?

As a seperate line item, lets discuss programming hours. What is your "estimation" of the hours required to program this system?

I hope this isn't some ultra-difficult challenge I have presented. I can spec this system with AMX in under 5 minutes. I am sure the Crestron guys can as well. If you like, for that sake of fairness, I'll post the AMX system at retail that will do this job and maybe we can get a Crestron guy to take a stab at it as well, so we can have a true three-way comparison. maybe we can even get an ELAN dealer to work it up as I have the feeling Elan can do this as well. Ball is in your court.

Jason

Hosting Services by ipHouse