The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 98 made on Saturday January 19, 2008 at 19:07
Schmartz
Lurking Member
January 2008
On January 19, 2008 at 14:54, smokinghot said...
Isn't this the same thing as the USB dongle/PS2 solution
people have been doing for some time? Note that he claims
that there is a "remote power on option" for the PS3.
Daniel, Others, can either of you two elaborate on what
he is trying to do or done here?

Yes, I've been shipping since March of 2007. I bought a PS3 and wanted a cleaner solution than the PS2 dongle combo.

Even though I've been looking into a BT solution since last summer ( and have applied for a patent on everything including the BT version already), it seemed like the BT would be expensive. So I spent some time refining the look and put out a version with the wire that spoofs a front panel key touch as an interim solution. The bonus is that I can provide discrete power On and power off commands at a lower cost. I am surprised at the number of orders though. I didn't think very many people would want a wire and a sticker on the front panel. I was so wrong. I have been overwhelmed with orders. And everyone seems happy. Go figure...

Since it's just me in the lab, this has delayed the release of the BT version by several months. Now I'm finally back to it. It is in my opinion a cleaner solution. I have waisted valuable time attempting to get Sony to put in the support via USB. That would be the cleanest and cheapest solution. But so far, I've had no luck with any cooperation from Sony. I have support for the home key built-in to the PS3IR units but until Sony enables my USB VID for this feature in a future PS3 firmware relaease, it isn't enabled.
Schmartz.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse