The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 96 made on Saturday January 19, 2008 at 14:35
Schmartz
Lurking Member
January 2008
The PS3IR+PWR is shipping to enthusiastic response. The base version PS3IRX1 is also shipping sans the power switching. Both units have full and fast support (by me). In fact answering emails is one of my favorite things to do. Especially since mostly I get happy emails from someone who just installed their new device.

Many of my customers have owned the Bluwave before. It's not so bad since they fixed the arrow keys I guess.

The PS3IR devices have the same Piano Black shiny finish as the PS3 and fit snuggly up against the contour of the front panel. They look like part of the PS3 when installed.

As for IR to Bluetooth, I will soon have a model that joins up the PS3IR technology with the guts of the Sony PS3 remote. It is aimed at the higher end market so it won't be cheap. But from my experiments in the lab, it will be sweet!

I am currently building and testing every unit myself. The first 1500 or so were fun! But, starting tomorrow I am having a local Austin company build and ship the devices for me. I just couldn't keep up with the demand (I’m pooped). Yesterday I processed orders from January 2nd for example. This will soon allow me to focus on getting my Bluetooth prototype turned into a product I can build in bulk.

Sorry for the long post but I had a bit of catching up to do. I’ve been just posting on AVS but one of my great customers pointed me here when he saw the Bluetooth comments. There may be someone else doing an IR to Bluetooth device but, I thought I’d put my two cents in. And no, I’m not going to accept pre-orders this time. I want to do a smaller Beta test group first to fine tune the new product. Then I’ll do a full product rollout. I’ve learned my lesson on the PS3IR+PWR. I had over 250 pre-orders. I’m still catching up.

Mike

Last edited by Schmartz on January 19, 2008 18:48.
Schmartz.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse