Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday August 28, 2002 at 23:49
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
Compete?

Am I in business?

This looks like a really cool CCF. I won't disparage it. I'm certain that it will fill the needs of many in the TSR community. So rather than compete, I will bother to point out some inaccuracies about EasyTheater:

The hard cursor keys in EasyTheater are not "wasted on navigation." In the hard-key version, you use the cursor keys to navigate the menus, but when you get to the activity you select, the hard keys are dedicated to that activity. In any case, you can always choose to use the soft-key version.

You do not need to "create dozens of panels" to add activities to EasyTheater. I did that for you. On the soft-key version, 24 panels are used for navgation. Very few people will need to add additional panels to accommodate all of their devices. But if they do, they'll only need to add one or two--not dozens. The hard-key version uses a lot more panels, and it's not for the TSR newbie. I've posted already that even though the benefit of being able to hard-key your way through the interface is great, I doubt that many people will bother. I bothered because I want to use this feature myself. However, even though the hard-key version has many more panels, you still don't need to create them. They're already there for you. (And even in the hard-key version, you can still use the soft-key navigation scheme if you don't want to use the hard keys.)

You are not limited to four sources in EasyTheater. In fact, you can have as many as you want. The default configuration demonstrates this with six sources under the Watch menu. Instructions are right there on the screen: In the soft key version, touch the menu icon to see more sources. In the hard-key version, touch the menu icon or just scroll down.

The only "tiny button screens" on EasyTheater are the ones designed to be used rarely, if ever. All activities that support keypads offer full-screen keypads that use very large buttons.

This message was edited by Darnitol on 08/29/02 09:47.51.
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse