Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Monday November 13, 2000 at 14:44
Mike Riley
Historic Forum Post
Rogers@Home users have been experiencing the same problems. The @Home service has become notorious during the last two years for flakey e-mail service. They have recently repeatedly mailed notices to customers telling us they have installed a number of new mail servers. In fact, even the newspapers carried an article two weeks ago describing the poor overall service that customers across North America having been dealing with.

Often, this leaves e-mail in a "not-delivered" state for days, sometimes weeks at a time. My own experience has shown that a few mails, delivered from the same location, vanish altogether from time to time.]

Over the last month, I have had to deal with DHCP servers that would not allow me to get a dynamic IP address for my home machine, thereby cutting off Web access completely, and a complete loss of mail at one point for over 5 days. I am using a dynamic IP address, as @Home service techs still cannot figure out how to give me dynamic.

As sson as EADEALs pointed out that their carrier was @Home, I believed him... ... Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse