Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 774 made on Friday December 30, 2005 at 15:23
kep1a
Long Time Member
December 2005
Hi Bracken,
I am posting a copy of this e-mail to you here so others may see and possibly help.
It may also help others with similar problems to read the answers here. I stumbled across this thread last night. But alas i did not find an answer.

I downloaded the MX-3000 programming manual and printed it out. Every time I read it I get new understanding and ideas of how to use its features. I would love to just demo the software so I can show my wife why my Sony commander remote is not even in the same family as the one I just ordered. You know the routine. She says I have over 20 remotes (not counting the fans and lights). She complains that most are universal and she still has to turn on all but the TV manually.

I just wanted to show Her my plans for the new remote and convince her it is not just a fancy remote to go next to all the others LOL. It will replace all the remotes and she will be able to use it and understand it. I want her to see that my plan from years ago to have all our DVD movies in the changer and ready to watch will finally come true. I just wish all my devices had discreet on/off inputs. I see that problem coming and I'm not to sure how to best avoid/solve it.

I get an error message when I try to save the file in step five. I am thinking it is because of the DMX-3000 file name and changer name mismatch. Or I need to somehow incorporate my DMX-3000 device into the changer DV-F727 device. I included the files so you might be able to see where I have gone wrong.

Error---------- "There are missing controls for the DV-F727 changer"

Do I need to rename a file? I checked and cross checked the commands in the DMX-3000 and my changer DV-F727 device files. The ones used in the DMX-3000 device file all seem to match. Do I need to add something or import controls? I may actually be the one that debugs this for the owner/user by exposing areas that are not readily apparent to the novice user. I hope that is it cause I would hate to have to admit that it is just because I am just stupid LOL.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I know I will need my remote to test what I have and to learn the other devices but would like her to see this run in the demo mode if possible. I need her to understand so she will quit grumbling about another remote for the coffee table LOL.

Thanks, Ken

I think this is the step I am on but I must have done something wrong before I got to this step...

Click the Save button (fourth button from the left). Once this process is complete your file is ready for use.

6. Clicking the MX-Editor button (fifth button from the left) will open the new file in the MX-Editor so you can easily upload it to your remote.

7. Enjoy the convenience of having easy access to your entire movie collection at your fingertips.

Hosting Services by ipHouse