Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday April 13, 2023 at 12:16
wm_cheng
Lurking Member
August 2003
Hi all,

I love my Pronto and I absolutely rely on it for the last 20yrs! However, the touchscreen just stopped responding to presses on my drawn buttons. The physical buttons work, even tapping on the screen wakes it up (so the capacitive touch screen must be working?). I've tried the reset underneath and recycling the batteries and its boots up giving me the double beep, but then nothing else other than the physical buttons. I've tried to touch the top left corner to try to activate the screen calibration, but nothing happens.

What else can I try to do?

I see some YouTube videos (with a newer TSU3000) about taking it apart and cleaning the touchscreen contacts - but if I can tap to wake the screen/backlighting, doesn't that mean the touchscreen is actually responsive?

Any suggestions would help? (even suggestions on a decent replacement - it would have to be something that can replicate all the buttons of all the remotes I have to replace - not just an events based macro system)

This Pronto is so amazing that it has lasted me from 21" Sony Trinitron with Betamax, through sVHS, Laserdiscs to PS4 with Panasonic 1080p Projector - I just love that it grew with me through all my systems. I will be very sad to see this go...

Hosting Services by ipHouse