The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 283 made on Wednesday April 5, 2023 at 11:10
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On April 4, 2023 at 11:07, Bosteve said...
The check engine light analogy also doesn't fit because consumers can buy their own diagnostic tool for about $20 that will read the check engine light codes.

The perspective of @gharnett5548 might make sense from an installer's standpoint, but it doesn't make sense from the customer's standpoint. Why should a customer have to call in a professional installer every time they want to make some minor tweak to the programming of their remotes? Although not every customer is tech-savvy, many of them are quite capable of handling remote programming themselves. I guess URC has decided who they most want to please.

Reading CEL is different than system programming. I have 3 scanners that can read the codes on my Porsche, but the dealer ONLY software that is required for a lot of programming, such as new key programming and airbag activation/deactivation just to name a couple, are not available on any consumer scanners. What gives, I'm perfectly capable of programming these. My Porsche costs a hell of a lot more than a remote control, why can't I have access? People of to stop acting like URC is someoanee that is the only company on the planet that limits access to software. It's literally everywhere

Hosting Services by ipHouse