The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 442 made on Sunday December 21, 2003 at 01:00
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
In response to a post on the NG thread, I wanted to update you all here about possibilities available using VB Script to import data from CDJ/DVD Profiler/Catraxx, etc...

On 12/15/03 11:21, Carlton Bale said...
Can SNL import from DVD Profiler? It is a great
free utility. You enter all of your DVDs and
it downloads all sorts of information and a picture
of the cover. It can also export to an XML file.
This would be great for automatically creating
a list with pictures.

Carlton,

This is something that 'Boobie' and I are looking at for SuperNudelist.

The fact that XML can be exported is wonderful as a VB Script file can be written to translate between DVD Profiler's XML file and the SuperNudelist XML file.

I recently converted my Catraxx Database - SuperNudelist XML program to VB Script. I'm reading the MS Access database and writing the SuperNudelist SN_Library.XML file all from a VB Script text file.

However, it should be noted that Cover Art will NOT be supported in the near future due to memory requirements and the fact that SNL does NOT currently support cover-art based layouts.

I'll most likely start off this year with some examples of reading CDJ and DVD Profiler input sources and converting to SuperNudelist's XML format.

If you are interested in obtaining a heads up, you will want to visit Microsoft MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com and do a search on 'Scripting'. There's a VB Script primer out there that will help you along.

Lyndel McGee
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse