The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday December 14, 2000 at 19:18
Nipper
Historic Forum Post
Leo,

I downloaded your original program about 2 weeks ago when I got my Pronto. I didn't have my CD Changer yet so didn't begin working with it til last night. It works well for me so far and I'm amazed at how little memory all the panels take for the CD's. I've only got about a third of them entered (about 110) so I'll continue to work on them this week.

Today I saw your new version and downloaded it. Seems to work well, took one GPF, but can't remember exactly what I was doing. I restarted it and it worked fine - the new CCF it generated was actually about 3K smaller than the one I last generated from your first program.

I've got a question or two though. Actually just looking for advice from an experienced user. I am using the Music Collector software available on the net to catalog my CD's - saves typing by hand (pop the CD in the computer drive and it will discover the ID of the disc then look it up on the web and import the Artist, tracks etc.)

Then I export that text listing to import into your utility. The problem is that once I add CD's to the list they will be sorted in the original software and hence assigned a new number in your program - I don't want to have to rearrange them in the changer each time I add a CD. Do you use any software to track your CD's other than your text file and if so how do you keep them in order or do you just add them to the end of a manual list?

Thanks,
Greg

Hosting Services by ipHouse