Hybrid remote offers high-end frills including haptic touchscreen, four methods of control, and a built-in camera.
Posted by Daniel Tonks on May 12, 2015 at 8:11 PM
RTIís much-anticipated T3x hybrid remote control is now shipping! Itís been a long time coming Ė we first heard about it way back at CEDIA 2013 Ė but considering everything thatís been packed into this control, it looks like the wait will have been worth it!
The T3x feature dual RF, WiFi and IR control, a flush-mount 3.5" touchscreen with haptic feedback, 35 backlit hard buttons plus a special cursor button, along with extra frills like a built-in camera and microphone, grip sensor and accelerometer. Oh, plus you get a docking station and rechargeable lithium ion battery, and 128mb of memory for programming.
- Dual RF transmission capability uses 433MHz and 2.4GHz (utilizing Zigbee technology).
- Integrated 802.11b/g/n wireless Ethernet enables viewing MJPEG video, wireless program updates and enhanced two-way control.
- Two-way control using 2.4GHz (Zigbee) and RTI control components.
- Flush mount, 3.5" color touchscreen for improved gesture support.
- Integrated grip sensors keep the remote awake while in use.
- Accelerometer provides "instant-on" control.
- Haptic feedback on touchscreen gives subtle vibration when touchscreen is pressed.
- Integrated camera and microphone enables video intercom support. (Available in future firmware update.)
- Programming can be remotely updated wirelessly over WiFi.
- Thirty-five assignable/programmable keypad buttons.
- Four general purpose assignable/programmable keypad buttons with interchangeable keycap labels - Laser Shark compatible..
- Cursor button allows simple scrolling list navigation.
- Transmits IR and RF (or both - on a single button press!).
- Extremely wide IR transmitting frequency range.
- System includes a Lithium-Ion battery and docking station.
- Completely customizable and programmable.
- Non-volatile Flash memory stores your system configuration even when power is not present.
Talk about the T3x in our RTI forum!
All cloud-based operations to end within four years.
New AD-16x routes 16 audio sources across 16 zones; now shipping.