On 03/08/05 21:14 ET, YippieKaiA said...
I need to know how to use the "learn" feature.
I'm trying to set the subtitle button to work
with my Samsung DVD player. Thank you.
I just got one of these remotes so I still have the instructions.
Presumably you have programmed the remote to work with your Samsung DVD player (codes 147 & 342) and the Subtitle button still doesn't work.
The Learning function allows the universal remote to learn from another remote which has the function that you want. Here are the instructions (slightly compressed) for the LEARNING MODE.
1. Press and hold CODE SEARCH until red indicator turns on.
2. Press and release desired mode button (eg, DVD). Red indicator stays on.
3.Press and release LEARN. Light blinks and stays on.
4. Press and release Learning Remote button that you want to teach (eg SUBTITLE).
5. Point remotes facing each other (nose-to-nose) approximately 1" apart.
6. Press and hold the Original remote button (eg SUBTITLES) until red indicator blinks once and stays on. If there is a learning problem, indicator blinks for 3 seconds then stays on. If this happens, repeat Steps 4 to 6.
7. Repeat Steps 4-6 for other buttons you want to program.
8. Press and release CODE SEARCH button when all desired remote commands are learned.