Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday May 6, 2010 at 06:41
vbova27
July 2006
On May 5, 2010 at 23:48, mistachy said...
youd be surprised Andrew ;0)

there's a lot of good people out there. you just have to know where to look

I don't know if I would equate the word "good" to someone who gives you a copy of software that is not only proprietary, but is under policy by the manufacturer to do EXACTLY not that. Not to mention the fact that he is diluting the product and losing revenue for URC, other shops (like myself) and other shops around the country. The software restrictions were not put in place because people are not "good". This is a product line that is supposed to be sold and maintained by custom installers. But you guys will probably see the real effect if something goes wrong with your remote or there is a new policy set forth with licenses on the software, OR when you go to sell that remote you purchased for $$$$$ sell for $$.

So again, I doubt the word "good people" fits the description here. You can just add his name to the list of the many people in this country who just take what they want without regard for policy, copyright, or ownership - morality aside. You see, your "good person" signed a contract that he would not do hat he has done with you and probably others. I only hope that you and whomever is providing this software illegally suffers in a business that relies on patents and contract policy to protect your products and services.

Hosting Services by ipHouse