The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Friday February 5, 2010 at 04:17
frenchaxim
Long Time Member
August 2003
On February 4, 2010 at 20:20, Lowpro said...

This at the very least ensures that the extenders are successfully receiving a given command providing for a far more robust IR solution than what is offered per the Pronto NG line. I went from the TSU7500 to a TSU9600, so I can attest to this first hand. The Pronto Professional line also supports 2-way communication via TCP/IP or RS-232, ProntoScript and much more. While this is an old post, check out my reply here where I outline many of the benefits when going from the Pronto NG line to the Pronto Professional line.

thanks, very interesting feedback. Good to know the TSU9600 + extender works better because it is alors significantly more expensive!

Cost is actually the main reason for me not to consider the TSU9600 + extender at this stage.
I already have an iPod Touch, so getting a software like iViewer Command Fusion and a Global Caché iTach would cost around 300 USD, as opposed to around 1400USD for the Pronto...
The other reason is I do prefer capacitive touch screens, which I do not believe the Pronto is equipped with.

Thanks

Last edited by frenchaxim on February 5, 2010 04:30.

Hosting Services by ipHouse