The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday February 4, 2010 at 16:00
SSS_INC
Long Time Member
June 2006
On February 4, 2010 at 15:15, jjw 2009 said...
I usually don't give the customers the option of the T2-Cs for several reasons. It may sound crazy but after doing several large projects with both systems you'll understand why. I have done video matrix setups for both remotes. Without a doubt the T2-C is a much better remote to design templates/pages on.

I have one project with 5 T2-C and a video matrix. Each remote is basically setup for 16 rooms of operation including cable services, dvd, media pc, sat. radio. the remote has well over 200 pages, it may be nearing 300 pages now, i've lost count. 3-4 animation flips for various items. Placing items/buttons/images is very flexible and overs a wide variety of options for designing your templates.

I have also done a similar setup with the T2-Cs. The pages from T2-C can not be imported, everything has to be done from scratch. Because of the 6x6 grid system, you are limited to the placing of the icons and more importantly the buttons with text for items in set spots, you can not always layout the pages as you'd like to and most times have to settle for something less than you were originally planning. Page flips are done differently (imo it is not as nice at the T2-C).

I would recommend sticking with the T2-C, its only .4" difference def. limits the capabilities of the T2-Cs. Even for small systems, you can produce a much nicer remote for your clients.

I agree. I sold one T2-Cs for a project. The graphics looked off to me. I bit the bullet and ate the cost difference and put in a regular T2-C.

Hosting Services by ipHouse