The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 29, 2010 at 12:14
Papabravo
Lurking Member
January 2010
I need to identify an IR remote with software that will let me create it's functionality from the ground up.  We're using the NEC 38 kHz protocol.

I have some experience with a Pronto TSU9200.  It and the sofware do the required job, but it is pricey, and the UI is clunky, and counter-intuitive.

Harmaony remotes, like the H520, seem to require another remote to learn from.  It works, but is not a suitable alternative for customers that don't want to buy a Pronto so that the Harmony can learn from it.  I have a tantilizing clue that there is something called a "Level II(2) Agent" which might have access to software that will program one or more members of the Logitech line from scratch.  Anybody know anything about that?

Finally URC is being a giant pain, by requiring me to jump through hoops to get access to their CCP software via a distributor or sales reps who are only too happy to pass the buck if you're not a cuurent account.

Is there a sane manufacturer that says, here is a "blank slate" remote control with hard and soft buttons, and here is a piece of software to download stuff to the remote, so go knock yourself out -- kid!

It doesn't seem like there is, but hope springs eternal
We never have time to do it right, but we always have time to do it over.

Hosting Services by ipHouse