Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Wednesday January 27, 2010 at 09:55
vbova27
July 2006
Would be great if there was an icon or something on the remote which I could tell the client to wait for an activiation....I have done that with the new Pronto remotes and it works well. The 2-way using Pronto and URC (although URC is limited) is pretty damn good. I'm a little embarrased for RTI. You will not find more support, patience and expectation for RTI anywhere more than you will here, and it looks pretty bleak for this 2-way. To me, Zigbee on paper is the best option, but on the field it's lousy. It's also very difficult to troubleshoot without a service call. I can't tell my clients to unplug this, press this, plug in that, and press this. It's crazy. There should have been a reset button on the processor itself that re-establishes the zigbee connection, and some type of meter on the remote that indicates connection. It's way too invisible for me.

I waited this long to even play arond and I have going crazy trying to get this stuff to work. I have trained and programmed and understand all the concepts of 2-way, but getting it to work well is just another story. On a plain basic system fine - add a router, some obstacles and god forbid another unit and that's when it really becomes a problem. I have patience for this stuff, but unfortunately my clients do not have nearly the same.

Hosting Services by ipHouse