The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 46 made on Tuesday December 15, 2009 at 15:45
twil01
Long Time Member
January 2009
Brody, I have to agree with you and was about to respond as well. I live Switzerland and it took me quite a while find a dealer who sells Nevo RCs (Q50 and S70 only) in my country. I have been all over the internet for this. I can find a few dealers that sell pronto's, but Nevo is indeed a rarity. Yes, I have found another dealer in Austria who also seems to offer config services in addition to selling the device. There may be more in the "area", but I have not been able to locate them.

I happen to belong to the DIY type, who enjoys tinkering around and making things work. This is also how I managed to program my RU980, which BTW I was forced to order in the UK since it was near impossible to purchase one in my country at the time.

Pricing is also quite steep. If I understand US pricing correctly, the prices on offer in my country are 50% above those of the US with an S70 costing around USD 1800. Perhaps that makes me a "cheapskate" to be lured by ebay type deals at around USD 650-700. But even if I were prepared to pay a bit more, this difference is hard to swallow.

Have I ordered one on ebay? no, since I would like to know who is on the other side of the fence before I would consider it and I am personally not a big fan of ebay...but I cannot knock it, and I do understand the lure for the ones that go for it.

As you said: the cheapskate will never consider a Nevo nor a pronto...he would go for an off the shelf USD 30-40 remote.

Last edited by twil01 on December 15, 2009 16:10.

Hosting Services by ipHouse