The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday November 29, 2009 at 12:03
jjw 2009
Long Time Member
May 2009
I was sooo happy to get my XP8 and T2-C (ZB) yesterday. I installed everything, did the update, put the check marks in. And switched everything form the RP-1 to the XP8. I got the two way weather screens working, got my relays and voltage triggers working. Everything was going fine.

I then tried to watch a movie, all the macro's were working the way i wanted to. A few minutes into the movie there were several large explosions and i wanted to turn the volume down. Except the remote wouldn't wake up out of ZB standby quick enough.

I'm gonna guess that's the problem, because i put time and date on all the T2-C pages, i couldnt change the volume of the theater room when the date/time wasn't showing up. Some times it would take several mins. I'd put the remote down, pick it up, no volume. I'd wait 5 mins, pick it up, no volume, wait half a sec, then the volume would work. It was very very unpredictable.

Although i haven't been using RTI products for very long i have been able to do some amazing stuff. I don't shy away from challenges and im really good at making templates and pretty pictures with photoshop :)

I am going to relocate the antenna with a temporary cable and see if it improves the response time. But if it doesn't improve i'm not happy and i know my customers won't be either.

I understand that touch panels use ethernet for two way and i probably wouldn't see this problem, which is fine. (That's the next big project is to install some TPs around the house). I kept hearing it would take 'seconds' to wake from standby and connect with the ZB network. That is not the case.

For those of you that are thinking about switching to ZB, if you aren't gonna be using any two way drivers on TPs i would recommend holding off for the time being. I will let you guys know what happens when i move the antenna but the 433 is a much more responsive system.

Hosting Services by ipHouse