The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 18, 2009 at 16:08
snmhanson
Long Time Member
September 2004
I just got my Q50 that I bought a few months ago (from a legitimate dealer) up and running. I had no use for it until recently but now that I have my media room pretty much finished up I am in business. I have been using an URC MX-700 for the last several years and have three of them throughout the house. While there is nothing really bad about the MX-700, I have to say that I am very pleased with the programming and functionality of the Q50 in comparison and it should do the job perfectly. I especially like the ability to customize the navigation and layout of the screens as well as the flexibility of the button configuration. And it goes without saying that the graphics and interface leave the MX-700 in the dust.

I do have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. It doesn't seem like there is a way to add any new funtion names and I am limited to what is in the database (including those added from device properties). I have come upon a few instances where I have had to use a name that didn't exactly match the command. For example, when I was programming the remote to select the different discs in a DVD changer I couldn't find funtion names that corresponded to Disc 1, Disc 2, etc... I ended up using Scene 1, Scene 2, etc... and just learned the disc codes from the original remote. It works but I think I could avoid future confusion if I could rename the existing name or create a new function name that exactly matches the command. Also, is there a way to copy a code from one funtion name to another within Studio Pro?

Thanks for any help,

Matt

Hosting Services by ipHouse