The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday October 8, 2009 at 17:32
sydinstaller
February 2004
Hi,

So lits pretend that the Nevo Link is OK, this sounds like a network issue.

I would suggest moving away from your current network and do the following:

Get a domestic router. Not one supplied by your ISP. No Internet access required.

Disable all firewalls and antivirus running in Vista.

Preferably get rid of Norton as it is a pain in the butt. If not at least make sure it is completely OFF.

Set it to assign IP addresses (DHCP Enabled). Make sure your computer is not set to a static IP.

Confirm the IPv6 is disabled.

Connect only your computer and the Nevo link. Both using a cable. I.E. not wireless.

Make sure you are issued a new valid IP address.

PING the router from the PC. PING the PC from your Router. Windows may be set to not respond to PING requests so check this setting if you do not get a reply.

Open NSP.

Make sure that in NSP under "tools", "Manage Network settings" the correct network device is selected and your IP address is listed.

Go to the "Hardware" tab and select "Ecosystems"

Click on the "refresh" button.

If you get no results then select the reset button (Black circle with black triangles). Select Nevo Link and enter the Nevo ID on the bottom of the Nevo Link.

The above process always works for me when fault finding a system. If the above setup works then it is your network setup causing the issue. If it does not work then either you did not understand the above instructions correctly or something else is at fault.

If the above does not work then unfortunately there is not much more I do via a forum and further contact with Nevo is suggested.

D

Hosting Services by ipHouse