The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 60 made on Wednesday September 23, 2009 at 20:15
edizzle
Loyal Member
March 2005
On September 23, 2009 at 19:33, 2nd rick said...
I find it funny that instead of considering that EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER of premium lighting control is correct, the assumption is that the oddball Euro spec solution that these guys are importing should all-of-the-sudden be seen as groundbreaking instead of what it is... A system with a widely adopted standard from Europe imported into country who has not adopted the DIN standard.

To extend your automobile analogy... You are not offering different colors, you are offering right-hand drive vehicles and trying to convince us that somehow this is a groundbreaking approach.

Crestron and Vantage manufacture DIN-based systems because they also compete in Europe, S. America, Australia, etc.

However, they build a complete line of panel based centralized systems for the US market because it is the accepted form factor for this market by everyone *except* Colorado vNet and now you guys....

i have never used clipsal but have been looking into it as a lower cost solution for centralized lighting controls, but what in the heck does it matter that the modules are din rail mounted? they still mount in an enclosure. you either put the module in a can and screw it in or slide it on a din rail. how is that going against the grain?
I love supporting product that supports me!

Hosting Services by ipHouse