The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 55 made on Saturday December 16, 2006 at 08:37
genelhager
Lurking Member
December 2006
A huge thanks for this posting. I had just purchased a MX-900 and although the user manual indicated that the software was available at the URC webiste, I could find no links or even a seach input to find same. Your link did the trick and I was able to log on and download the MX-900 editor. The editor seems ot work fine but as indicated in another post does not ahve a setup for the new DIrecTV HD DVR.
As a purchaser of over a dozen URC remtoes (SL9000 and URC200 models to MX-1000 and MX500 models) I am greatly distressed by the sudden aloofness of URC towoards the end customer in favor of "authorized installers whomust have a great trade and lobbying group with URC.
I was distressed also to read on the first page of the owners manual a statement that I had no warranty unless I purchased the remote through an authoized dealer.
I guess I'll start watching this forum for an alert that the HR20 DVR is supported and do another software downlaod - unless URC goes the next step and blocks downloads of the software for serial numbered remotes not sold to authorized dealers !
gh

Hosting Services by ipHouse