The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday November 28, 2005 at 22:54
ckelly33
Long Time Member
April 2004
I'm not a pro, but I've had experience with all 3 of the remotes you mentioned. Each has its own +'s & -'s. The Harmony belongs in a separate class. Nothing against the Harmony (I love mine), but its just not the same as the Pronto and the Nevo. With the Harmony, there is no programming involved (not much anyway) and it'll have you up and running in much, much less time (1 day vs., well, more).

That is a HUGE advantage to the Harmony, and it fits in your hand nicely, lots of buttons and very little looking down.

That said, I'm a touch screen type of guy. I can see the advantage of not looking down but I like channel icons, etc. If I had to punch in the channels now, I wouldn't know where to begin. I like buttons too, and I like form. I think the Nevo brings these together very well.

As far as the programming goes. It's take some time with either the Pronto or the Nevo. But there's nothing that compares to the personal experience of a good design. The downside to the Nevo (for my application) is the WiFi and how it effects battery life. The server is nice but I'd prefer the RF of the Pronto to the WiFi of the Nevo.

So there's advantages and disadvantages to all. I'm experienced with Pronto and new to both Nevo and Harmony. The Harmony was an instant hit for the small appication (bedroom) I needed it for, although I'm not sure I'd install it for a large system (too many personalizations to miss). My feelings on the Nevo fluctuate BUT it's probably here to stay...

Hosting Services by ipHouse