The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday December 30, 2005 at 01:26
Koni
Lurking Member
December 2005
Everything on my Nevo SL was working great in the past 4wks since I have had it up until today. The unit locked up on me to a point where I no longer can press the reset button for it to reboot.

I turned the unit off and backed on where it would proceed to boot to the Nevo logo screen showing a red progress load bar. After the bar is filled across the screen the unit would sit there and then the display will go dim, but I can see the faint logo screen where it hung. The only way to clear this screen is to turn off the unit again.

Does anybody know how to recover from this? I tried using the reset button again, turning off the unit repeatedly, or even hooking up my USB (which is unresponsive). When I put the NSL on the charge unit, the blue light is lit so it is recharging too. The unit was fully charged before this mishap.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated. I'll probably be contacting support if there is no quick remedy for this. Just when I started to really like this product something like this happens. Anyone have similar experience?

Update: I was able to get into a special mode on my NSL by turning it on and holding the backlit key. The screen comes up with "Nevo v27 and USB Download". Anyone know how to get this working? I thought it would be able to use my Activesync but no go. Apparently this is a special menu feature that requires a driver that is not included on the regular CD.

Last edited by Koni on December 30, 2005 04:10.

Hosting Services by ipHouse