The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday November 10, 2006 at 08:53
Marky_Mark896
Select Member
January 2004
I just got my Nevo yesterday, and only a couple hours of messing with it, I have a pretty nice looking control system that works great. First off, the remote is bigger than I thought, and feels sturdier than I thought it would be. It's about the same exact weight as a pronto it seems, and thinner. The hardbutton layout is much nicer than my pronto. The software kicks prontoedit's butt. It's a very intuitive software program, and I never read any intruction manual. It has a device setup wizard, that will download all the possible codes for the make of device you are trying to add. Then you toggle through the different code sets, and decide which one works best, and select it. It even had the "skip ahead" for my Motorola DVR which isn't available on the OEM remote or anywhere else. I love that. The graphics are much easier to customize on this remote than on my pronto. Font types and sizes change at the click of a mouse. If you want a different button to take the place of another, you just drag and drop it onto the old button from the gallery. You can drag and drop different backgrounds to each page easily. I haven't tried the wireless portion of the remote yet, and not sure if I want to after reading some of the threads here. I don't really need it, because all my devices are behind glass doors in the tv console and I control my HTPC with a gyration mouse and keyboard. I just am loving this thing for what it is, a great universal remote that is well thought out and well laid out and built solidly.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm just happier with this remote than I thought I would be.

Mark

Edit: I forgot to say I also love that it charges through the USB cable when attached to a pc... That is cool and handy

Last edited by Marky_Mark896 on November 10, 2006 10:07.
It's not just a hobby, it's an obsession...

Hosting Services by ipHouse