The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday November 8, 2006 at 12:34
ddarche
Mr. RemoteQuest
February 2002
1. I have heard very good things about the Tversity server. A few folks indicate it runs perfectly. I have not tried it yet.

Backlighting - I have not seen this issue and I use one daily in my own theater. If it is there, it must be a none-issue because I cannot see it.

"Stuck Key" - it is really called "runaway", because the keys do not get physically stuck. The last firmware version has a limiter on the volume up control (or any volume up control elsewhere on the screen). It is set for 3 seconds by default and the installer can modify the time, with a patch from UEI. Works fine.

As a work around, any key which might repeat, which is not supposed to repeat, you can make into a macro, which will not repeat and it will fix the issue.

The macro can be very simple; add an empty shortcut in front of the IR code. Or add a "bogus" ir code in front of the needed IR code. No delays between the two. A bogus code could be any other code which does not work any of your gear.

If you have a repeating code (volume, FF, RW, CH +, CH-, etc.) which gets into runaway, simply put a 100ms delay in front of the code. You will likely not notice it is even there.

Dave
Dave D'Arche
http://RemoteQuest.com
Fine Home Theater Remote Controls & Solutions - Programming services for most remotes

Hosting Services by ipHouse