The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Tuesday December 12, 2006 at 10:16
Marky_Mark896
Select Member
January 2004
Up to this point Stealth, I hadn't found a work around that worked. I tried delays, and dummy IR codes embedded in the string of codes that a button push sent. Nothing stopped it from running away. For some reason though, I never actually created a "shortcut" because I assumed (dummy me) that having a group of commands assigned to a button worked the same as having a shortcut, so I didn't see a reason for it. Just now, I created a "Volume Up" shortcut and a "Volume Down" shortcut. I assigned these to the corresponding buttons. These shortcuts had the volume IR signal (up or down) and a 100 ms delay in them. It turned the buttons into non repeating buttons, so I can't hold them down and run the volume up or down, but that's ok. It looks like though they will NOT run away. Looks like I have to go back and create a shortcut for each hard button and put a 100ms delay in with the IR code. I dont know why this would work differently than just sticking a 100ms delay in the actions window with the IR code assigned to a button, but it seems to. The other downside is I have lost some fine tuning of the volume, as it jumps 2 clicks each push, but I can live with that as long as it doesn't run away. We'll see if the channel change works without runaway with this same theory now.

Follow up: Putting the codes for vol +, vol-, ch+, ch- (no delays or anything added) into their own shortcuts and assigning those shortcuts to the corresponding buttons worked. It stops the buttons from being repeating, so you have to hit the button for each channel change or vol change. That's fine though. I'm finally happy :)

Last edited by Marky_Mark896 on December 12, 2006 10:34.
It's not just a hobby, it's an obsession...

Hosting Services by ipHouse