Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday April 26, 2006 at 01:15
Ry-dog
Long Time Member
July 2005
Ok, I've figured it out.

Since this interface is a little on the complex side, it takes a little finesse. But have you guys ran it by itself on the remote, it's freak'n awesome; with the page transitions, etc.

(oh yeah, note to MUGEN, you mentioned that it make everything slow, well, that's because the first time you load a configuration into a NevoSL, make sure to reboot the unit and even when it boots up, you should navigate through all the pages so that they've loaded on the screen at least once, after that, you should see smooth page transitions, not just for this project, but anytime you load in a new config. The only reason why you haven't noticed this "slow down" is because this config uses animations and that's when you'll see the "slow down" the first time you run through the config)

First off, when you open the configuration up, your first instinct is to copy and paste the various elements from this config to your existings ones. That's the mistake I did and it won't work.

Since the NevoStudio software does not allow you to copy the home page, you can not actually copy this config over to your existing ones and hope that everything will remain intact.

You have to use this "wheel" config as a starting point for a new config.

Now, this may sound like a pain in the you-know-what, but it's not really that bad when you think of how easy it is to copy over devices from your old configs over to this config. (remember, just copy over a page of buttons and all the devices associated with that page(s) will copy over as well).

Once you've copied your device pages over into the "wheel" configuration, all you have to do it drag and drop the IR commands into the buttons that reside in the Home Page collection so that they will "Watch TV", "Watch DVD", etc.

Play close attention to only create these macros for main buttons that are in the center of each "Home Page" screens (there are five). Because when someone is looking at any of these five "Home Page"s, when they touch on one of the off center activity buttons, it will execute a page jump to highlight that activity button (which I thought was really cool, but you just have to make sure not to program IR commands on these off center activity buttons).

Be careful to not delete any of the page jumps that are assciate with these buttons (an some of the hard keys as well) because you could "break" the navigation flow by doing this (you can tell that they meticulously placed these page jumps throughout to create such a navigation flow).

It'll definitely take a little time to get use to altering this config, but when you think about it, it's a really sweet interface that I can give to my customer and that I didn't have to hire a graphic artist to do. :-) Plus you can totally edit the design elements since the download not only includes the configuratoin, but a bunch of additional buttons, backgrounds and symbols (although the symbols are the most important thing here, so make sure you put those files in the right place!).

I think it's pretty cool that Nevo has provided a little section of their website for cool new artwork (don't get me wrong, the file section for RemoteCentral is awesome too, but Nevo claims that they are actually having graphic artists crank this stuff out fresh). There are a few cool things in PatricksPostings (the section of mynevo.com to get this stuff), but this "wheel" interface is definitely the best thing there.

I hope this helps anyone out there. Give it a try!

Hosting Services by ipHouse