Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Monday July 14, 2008 at 15:50
Evohome
April 2008
On July 14, 2008 at 14:09, brodyboy said...
Really, bs15, don't get sucked into this. Evo seems to
take his ego and his Ayers Rock-sized chip against DIYers
everywhere he goes.

Really, brody?

I don't mind the DIY guys at all. That's where most of the now-Pros began. What I don't like is when somebody comes on and bitches about something like this. If he had used a different tone and sain "I bought this remote, and I'm having trouble. Can you help?" instead of spouting off immediately on how everything and everybody sucks, we would not be where we are now.

I understand that he's upset, and I would be, too. Problem is that he chose to buy where he did. None of us can help that choice.

The whole reason that components come with a warranty is because stuff breaks. If nothing ever quit working, we would not need warranties and service departments, and you could buy stuff like this anywhere.

It's not a pixxing match, it's just common sense. If you are willing to risk that to get what you want 'now' instead of buying from the right channel, then nobody here can help.

As I said before, how was he to know that the remote really was new? The seller could have had trouble with it and packaged it back up as "new". Wouldn't be the first time it's happenned, and it sucks.

If he would be cool about it, I would call Nevo myself and talk to them. Dealers have a little more pull than Joe Consumer.
And buyer beware of a man who chooses to be judged by numbers and salary, with no regard for character or integrity. Peter Gammons, ESPN

Hosting Services by ipHouse