The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Saturday July 12, 2008 at 18:20
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
Geez evohome, who's cussing and griping? While your post certainly adds to the helpful comraderie of the forum ;(, it doesn't do anything to address this poster's problem or questions.

So, staying on topic: bs15, if your purchase was made through a non-authorized dealer, you may not be able to get any restitution from Nevo. You just need to understand that from the outset. You were not clear whether your dealer was authorized or not. (Evohome, take a look at eBay. Dave D'Arche and others sell both the equipment and their services there....It's not the end of the world.). I would try two avenues of recourse: (1) I would continue to try to contact the seller and work with him/her to arrange a replacement if at all possible- if it was through eBay, I might want to look into any possible recourse available through them or PayPal as well; (2) I would search this forum and other AV forums with remote sections for people who may have experienced similar problems, just in case there are suggestions you haven't gotten here that might help.

Finally, as frustrating as it is, should all these measures fail you need to be prepared for the possibility that there's not much you can do. Nevo does make good, reliable products. But like anything else, there are bound to be occasional bad/faulty units. If you happened to have purchased one of those units through a channel that doesn't offer warranty back-up, that's really unfortunate and I'm sorry that happened to you.

Best of luck...I really hope this works out for you.

Hosting Services by ipHouse