Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Monday August 11, 2008 at 02:58
brodyboy
Long Time Member
April 2008
Hey pat,

I did discover another way to approach this if you face a similar problem in the future. When you're creating a new device that just doesn't match the pre-configured ones very well and want to "start from scratch," as you put, start with a "Barthelmess Home Lighting" device. Seriously! It only has one native command (Dim), so you're not going end up with a bunch of null commands. You add only those learned commands and HEX codes you need, and end up with a very clean and accurate device command list.

As Dave said, it's best to use native code names whenever you can, as they'll work with SuperFast Device Swap, but there's no reason you can't use them wherever applicable as you add your own commands.

The only thing that would make this even better is if I could figure out how to create the command list as a .csv file and dump them in all at once, like I can with serial devices. This allows more efficient editing (because you have an overview of all the info), and you can order them exactly as you want.

Hosting Services by ipHouse