Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday August 9, 2008 at 16:40
bigdeal00
Lurking Member
August 2008
Hi All,

I'm new to this and a amateur DIY'er, so any insight you can provide on my problem would be GREATLY appreciated. So here's what's going on...

I've got a Nevo Q50 with a Nevo Connect that sits in a closed ventilated stereo cabinet in my living room. I also have a Harmony 890 that I use RF in my bedroom. I also have a Belkin N1 wireless router located at least 3 rooms away from each of these. Approximately 3 weeks after firing up my new Nevo Q50 and Connect (which is EXTREMELY COOL by the way), I lost connection to the Connect. Oddly enough at the SAME TIME, I lost all functioning of my harmony 890's RF capability unless the remote is 12 inches from the receiver or less. With regard to the Q50 and connect, I went through the "find node" routine, did a firmware updrade, and even did a factory reset trying to get them to communicate again. After reading about the problems with the antennas that others have left on this forum, I contacted my authorized retailer and he sent me a replacement connect. It again worked for 3 weeks and then did the exact same thing. I'm now contemplating switching to IR leapfrogs and avoiding RF alltogether. I'd rather not, but I'm really not sure what's going on.

I guess my main question is, could there be something either via voltage or Wifi that is spiking and scrambling the configurations of both of these completely different units? Has anyone heard of Wifi (wireless N band in particular) causing interference spikes with Zwave or harmony 890 rf? It just seems reall odd that the same problem has happened to both setups at the same time twice.

Again, thanks for any insight you can provide.

JT

Hosting Services by ipHouse