The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday September 15, 2008 at 05:02
Audio 7
Long Time Member
January 2004
I've been having an issue with a Linn Klimax DS which I'm told by Linn is UPnP, working with a Nevo S70 which I'm told is also UPnP. The problem is that when selecting an album, or playlist to play the Linn will only play one track at a time, I then have to select the next track to play and so-on.

Questioning this with Linn I've had this response:

"Investigations carried out to remove the bugs occurring when using the Nevo handset to control the DS range of products, have shown that the Nevo handset does not conform to standard UPnP protocols. For Linn to rectify these bugs to allow the Nevo to perform as expected, means that it would not be possible for standard UPnP devices to control the Linn DS range of products." Customer Support - Linn Products. 10th Sept. 2008

Nevo supplied a similar response telling me that it was the Linn unit that was not UPnP, although noticably, they have not put it in writing... yet.

So be warned, one of these products is not what it claims to be and as Linn are the only ones willing to point the finger in wiriting, I tend to side with them.

Hosting Services by ipHouse