Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Tuesday December 16, 2008 at 18:34
Jasonvp
Select Member
July 2008
Hi Shaun,
First off I would like to say that I am no expert on Hex codes but I have done some reading on the subject. I am sure if Johnsfine (the person that wrote Make Hex “the best program ever written” I think!) reads this thread he will correct if I`m wrong or maybe have an easier way to do this. When I first saw your code posted it looked like a NEC code to me but it was a little longer than I was use to seeing (see below).

This is how I did it,

I first downloaded this file,(this was before you had posted the PDF file)

[Link: remotecentral.com]

I then loaded it in Pronto Edit NG version 3.1.3.0.Then looked at the hex codes and they read the same as the PRONTO EDIT NG CODE below (I`m using the code you posted above as an example).

YOUR CODE
9000 006d 0000 0002 0010 00ef 0013 00ec

I pasted your code into Pronto Edit NG to see what would happen and it converted it to,

PRONTO EDIT NG CODE
900A 006D 0000 0001 10EF 13EC

Now with hex codes the letters in the code when converted to decimal are as follows,
A=10
B=11
C=12
D=13
E=14
F=15

So to get the device number look at the Pronto Edit code and the 5th group of numbers/letters (10EF) you multiple the first digit by 16 and add the second digit (1 x 16 + 0 =16) this gives you the Device number of 16
Now take the 6th group and do the same (13EC) (1 x 16 + 3 =19) this gives you the function number of 19 which corresponds to the Make Hex file.

If any of the first two digits in the group were letters A,B,C,D,E or F just convert them to decimal as above and you can also use a Scientific Calculator to calculate them for you.

You should be able to find the Device number and Function number in “YOUR CODE” using a similar method by using group 5 and 7 and the last 2 Digits/Letters.

Hope this Helps!

PS. if you want to learn more about this go here

[Link: hifi-remote.com]

Last edited by Jasonvp on December 16, 2008 18:47.

Hosting Services by ipHouse