March 2004
Say I'm already watching a movie, but I'm bored
and I want to surf the movie library. I'm presently
on the DVD control page of the Pronto. I jump
to the Library...surf around for a while...then
decide I'll just finish watching the same movie
that's playing. Can the Pronto be programmed
(remember) to choose which DVD player control
page (DVD 1, DVD 2, DVD 3) to jump back to?

No. The remote and editor are not that intuitive. To provide this type of true functionality I would have to duplicate devices in my .pcf to an outrageous number. As such, you have to remember which DVD changer device you left, so that you can return to that device at anytime via the firm keys.

The linking of all would eliminate this problem
as the juke would essentially be one player.

If by linking them they became one player I'd have to completely agree. Three changers linked and acting as one 1,200 disc DVD changer that responds to one set of IR codes. If this were possible I would not have to provide a way to directly access any one of the three changers directly at anytime within my .pcf file. That would be awesome!

Did you build in a "work around" to your pcf or
is this just a case for having to "note" the DVD
player that is currently operating before leaving
the control page?

You have to note the DVD player you are currently operating before leaving the control page. This is done via the remote. There is a device label on any given DVD transport control page calling out the DVD changer device you are under, DVD Player 1, 2, or 3. Just make a mental note of this prior to jumping out of that device, so you know which one to come back to.

To return to any DVD changer device directly just use the firm 2, 3, or 4 keys while under any given DVD Lobby device, this includes any series of DVD submenu pages you may be under as well. Those firm keys give you direct changer access as indicated on the help page. Not only are you jumped to the transport controls for the given DVD changer device, but the proper audio and video source selects are cueued up as well.

My intention when designing my .pcf file was to think in terms of accessing an automated DVD Library making the logistics of which changer and transport controls need to be used transparent to the end user. Working within the limitations of the remote, editor, and changers I feel I have come as close to that as possible. Hopefully my reply here has provided the additional clarification that you need.

My latest .pcf file can be downloaded here by the way for anyone interested. It was just updated today.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 25, 2011 13:53.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse